Fazley road

After many moons browsing this site and been in awe of peoples work i have started a thread of my own on a small layout i have just started

My interest in railways started in my early teens about the time sectorisation was just kicking off and BR blue and railfreight red stripe were begining to fade out... then as mid teens arrived my interest wained as other things garnerd my attention!

My dad has always been a modeller and has a large 00 50's era layout in his loft some years ago during a spell of unemployment my passion for railways was rekindled after spending some time with him playing trains on the mentioned layout

This got me thinking about one of my own after several failed attempts and numerous trips to exhibitions i have settled on fazley road (working title?) A modern image working in a APA box influenced by some cracking layouts on here!

Work will be slow as ive a young family so therefore progress wont be quick but please bear with me as i hope to finish this one!

Martin

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the world of RMWeb.  Intrigued to see what you make of the APA Box, and how you make it work for you.  Already like the industrial backscene; how did you do it?

Good luck.

Regards,

Alex.

• 3 months later...

Been some time since my last update and quite a lot has happened

Fazley road mk1 is no more!!

Following a lot of issues with the 3 way point installation a rethink was in order?

I had a spare larger base board stored in the loft so I decided to use this the track plan will remin the same except the 3 way will be replaced by two standard ones the larger board also allows an integral fiddle to be included which the older layout didn't have so all in all its worked out for the best!

post-22458-0-78598700-1519154722_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Been some time since my last update and quite a lot has happened

Fazley road mk1 is no more!!

Following a lot of issues with the 3 way point installation a rethink was in order?

I had a spare larger base board stored in the loft so I decided to use this the track plan will remin the same except the 3 way will be replaced by two standard ones the larger board also allows an integral fiddle to be included which the older layout didn't have so all in all its worked out for the best!

Like the sound of this. Love modern image layouts.