EM trackwork from Templot diagrams

I agree that the new Peco bullhead is cheaper than C&L's equivalent, but that's no use for EM and it's also no use if you want concrete sleepers and flat bottom rail (of the correct height).  Peco do produce concrete sleeper track in their current Streamline range with code 75 flat bottom rail, and it is possible to increase the sleeper spacing, but that doesn't address the slightly skinny look of the concrete sleepers.

That said, I'm glad that I bought most of what I need from C&L a while back.  I'm certainly not looking at requiring 110 yards of flexi-track.

C&L prices on rail/track have taken a big jump in price, certainly in 00 bullhead PECO is going to put all these products out of business , currently its £4/yard ( 915mm) in packs of 25 , thats approaching half C&L 00 gauge track .  

of course thats no use for EM !!! :scratchhead:

I think your assumption on the effect of Peco track would be correct if C&L relied wholly on 00 gauge track. In fact Peco flexi track only completes with half of C&L's 00 gauge flexi track range and its the Exactoscale fast track bases (C&L thick flexi track) 

I take the opposite view, the introduction of 4 mm scale track in 00 gauge will open up a whole new market where a certain section of 00 gauge modellers will see the visual enhancement that 4 mm trackwork has over 3-5 mm scale trackwork,. Thus wanting items that are not available through Peco and either build or have built items using the C&L and Exactoscale parts.

There is even one reply talking about kit bashing the turnout into a different configuration, and the turnout is not even on sale !!.

Secondly I think there may well be a small amount of 00 gauge modellers who after seeing the difference scale size and spacing makes in 00 gauge will take the bigger step of going to EM gauge, to visually enhance the looks of trackwork further. In terms of 00 gauge modellers it will be very small, but in terms of those already modelling in EM gauge it will be very large.

The next game changer will be further advances in 3D printing