Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Posted Image What was your favourite model of 2017? Cast your vote

Photo

Small curved scissors

Templot 00-SF

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Rowsley17D

Rowsley17D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • LocationThe Rectory, Slaidburn, Lancashire

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:28

At some point in either the late 30s or more unlikely during the war the MR scissors were replaced with a more conventional scissors design as shown in the photo below.

Buxton LMS LMR Scissors.png

At some time the double slip also was replaced but I don't know when. It could have been after the closure of the coal yard in the old MR shed area.

No Double Slip.jpg

If I ever get to make a representation of this station, I think I'll go for the LMS scissors and no double slip.

The last photo is from the J W Sutherland collection and can be used if credited. The top one is by L M Hobdey and will be removed if copyright is infringed.

Edited by Rowsley17D, 21 November 2017 - 19:31 .

• Like x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#27 Velopeur

Velopeur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 21:29

Its unfortunate that the only large scale OS maps of Buxton appear to be 1922 and the 1960s. Basing your model on the late LMS track plan or later would get rid of some nasty pointwork in the goods yard and loco shed area too.

#28 Rowsley17D

Rowsley17D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  • LocationThe Rectory, Slaidburn, Lancashire

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:48

Yes, I don't want a slavish copy of Buxton MR just a model that gives a representation of an MR terminus station in a confined space.

#29 Velopeur

Velopeur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:46

Yes, I don't want a slavish copy of Buxton MR just a model that gives a representation of an MR terminus station in a confined space.

There were very few compact Midland main line termini. The original station at Gloucester is the only other one that immediately springs to mind, though with substantial sidings and other appendages attached.

• Thanks x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Templot, 00-SF