Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Posted Image What was your favourite model of 2017? Cast your vote

Photo

sem34090's Pre-Grouping Workbench/Screen

Pre-Grouping LBSCR LSWR SECR Loco Coach 3D Print Printed Sides Kits CAD

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 BlueLightning

BlueLightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationHailsham, East Sussex

Posted 14 January 2018 - 23:44

You don't have to go all the way to British Railways for them!!! :jester: :jester: :jester:

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning, 14 January 2018 - 23:45 .

• Friendly/Supportive x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#52 sem34090

sem34090

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationWhere Summer comes soonest...

Posted 14 January 2018 - 23:53

You do for my (user) namesake! Didn't emerge I didn't emerge until 1949... IN INTERNET FORM ONLY!!!

Besides, I'm rather fond of the rebuilds... now do I get excomunicated to Slough?

• Like x 1

#53 BlueLightning

BlueLightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationHailsham, East Sussex

Posted 14 January 2018 - 23:58

I didn't realise it was that late!!

I would never sentence someone to be excommunicated to Slough, I think that is banned by the Geneva Convention as cruel and unusual punishment!!! :jester: :jester:

Gary

#54 sem34090

sem34090

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 00:04

Oh thank you Sir, thank you! I shall vow never to mention those two hateful words ever again... unless provoked, and that's a warning!

• Funny x 1

#55 sem34090

sem34090

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 13:16

Well, the L is progressing, with the firebox done in rough. Not convinced about the front curves yet, but I'll post pictures later.

• Like x 1

#56 Regularity

Regularity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationMiddle Anglia: a forgotten Kingdom, but the melting pot which produced the English language.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 15:04

I just used normal paper,

That’s one way to get past the rough finish of 3D printing...

but would be interested to see results with white transfer paper!

...although that wouldn’t be!

Edited by Regularity, 15 January 2018 - 15:06 .

#57 sem34090

sem34090

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 17:28

The paper does do a good job of that... You've given me an idea Simon!

#58 Skinnylinny

Skinnylinny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 15 January 2018 - 20:06

Any and all of them!!! I enjoy doing them, but where someone else has already done them I'd rather use those!

For now though, here's the ammended R1 Sheet, colour matched from the terrier, both for green and Indian red. Interestingly they match up well with pictures I took of No.263 before Hornby cunningly repainted her to match their model... :jester:

Thank you so much for these! I've given these a try and they come up beautifully on my work's colour laser printer. Certainly a huge step forward from the South Eastern Finecast transfers I had used before! However, they didn't seem to print at quite the right size for me - the tank lining and the bunker lining were a little too large. I only printed onto plain paper, so I'll have to try re-sizing slightly, but they certainly give an excellent finish.

Is there any chance you could be persuaded to modify the sheets slightly and provide two bunker sides with no numbers? (There would appear to be space) I've been using the Roxey Mouldings etched brass numbers, as I like the relief they give, but they don't look right over the printed ones.

Before.jpg After.jpg
These photos show the difference from just changing the tank-side lining.

Edited by Skinnylinny, 15 January 2018 - 20:06 .

• Like x 4

#59 sem34090

sem34090

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 20:25

Glad to see you like them!

I'll have to look at the scaling on that: they seem to fit my R1, but maybe I used a smaller scaled one. I did do two versions, small and large, so perhaps I used the small one on mine.

I'll try again! And I'll add some un-numbered ones for you as well.

• Thanks x 1

#60 sem34090

sem34090

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 17:40

Try the second page of the original sheets: the artwork is slightly smaller. I've attached them here:

Attached File  SECR Class R1, Wainwright & Wartime livery pack.pdf   465.06KB   11 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pre-Grouping, LBSCR, LSWR, SECR, Loco, Coach, 3D Print, Printed Sides, Kits, CAD