Why Have Bachmann Not Produced Any 150/1s For Ages?

centraltrains

WT really was the best of  TOCs, it felt like everyone mattered - then we went and got sucked into the hole thats is FGW - but as you say money talks :(

Id like one of the rather iconic WT purple destination 150s sometime though

But, if there is one or two things FGW Has done right is better branchline to mainline connections and branchline timetable improvements and a more standardised look to the fleet - the Wessex 153s & 158s looked pretty dire towards the end of the franchise compared to the more solidarity of the brand created by the FGW Local Lines scheme. 

Count me in for a Wessex 150 though! 

Count me in for a Wessex 150 though! 

You're not the first to say that and won't be the last! I'm down for one as well, I'm not sure why Bachmann haven't done one yet but it could be down to printing the pictures on the side of unit. Although if Hornby could do it with the Devon and Cornwall 153 whats stopping Bachmann do it with a 150?  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I really can’t see with a 158 coming in at £259 that price sensitivity is a factor here. And isn’t the chassis of a 150/2 the same as a 150/1

I think you can put this down to the same reasoning that we’ve got more class 44s when 45/46s would be more useful. Especially a sealed beam version

I know you're referring to the real thing here but a point that may be useful to someone at some time it that the models have different chassis - or at least the plastic "frame" that fits around the metal motor block.  They aren't directly interchangeable without minor modification around the cab end.