Adams Radial O Gauge sound

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Can anyone help please?

I have been asked by a friend to identify where he can acquire a sound file and chip for an O gauge Adams Radial locomotive.

It is scratch/kit built  and i very nice...but needs sound.

Any ideas please?

Baz

Hi

Can anyone help please?

I have been asked by a friend to identify where he can acquire a sound file and chip for an O gauge Adams Radial locomotive.

It is scratch/kit built  and i very nice...but needs sound.

Any ideas please?

Baz

A steam loco is a steam loco. I would have thought that any generic sound project, providing the whistle doesn't sound wrong, would serve. I have two LNER J50s on my 7mm layout - there is no surviving J50 and I am not aware of any recordings of the class so this compromise was forced on me. But they sound just fine and the sound makes them that much more realistic.

HTH

Chaz

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A steam loco is a steam loco. I would have thought that any generic sound project, providing the whistle doesn't sound wrong, would serve. I have two LNER J50s on my 7mm layout - there is no surviving J50 and I am not aware of any recordings of the class so this compromise was forced on me. But they sound just fine and the sound makes them that much more realistic.

HTH

Chaz

The whistles are often the most distinctive but I can easily tell the difference between an S&D 7F and a 38xx from a mile away just by the clanking of the 7F. Of course if you get something with a chime whistle it couldn't be anything GWR. This is listening the the West Somerset which we can hear from Washford to  nearly Stogumber.

You choos offers the option to listen to a bit of the recorded sound for the various locos so you may be able to pick something that suits.

Don