Mankim models Shrub end Colchester

gobbler

• 2 weeks later...

Visited them today for possibly the last time, having been a regular for 34 years. Kim says that due to very low stock the shop will likely close its doors for the last time, during next week. I picked up 3 maroon Bachmann birdcage coaches for a very good price, I think Kim gave me a final send off. The shop is looking very bare now. Kim is hoping that the Bachmann 009 Baldwins will arrive before the shop closes, to supply pre order customers.

I popped in to Mankim last week and the place was looking quite sparse. I had hoped someone may have taken over the business as a going concern. Shame that it's going. Also feel for the staff who have got to find another job.

Scograil in Ipswich has had a recent change with the European railways carrying on, but ownership of the British model railway division becoming Orwell Model Railways. Hope to pop and take a look at some point.

Visit to John Dutfield at Chelmsford today, confirmed they're alive and well. Love wandering around. Another one well worth a visit.

Really sparse these days in Essex/Suffolk for model shops, compared to some years ago.

• Like 1

A shame to see Kim deciding to close, we have enjoyed working with them over the years. Helping each other out, supporting each others customers. As previously mentioned fewer Model Shops around. Found an old Hornby Dealership listing all those which could be found around the UK, amazing to note how many are no longer with us.