If it's going to be more of a working diorama than stock hauling layout, there is no need to couple the loco's to anything.

Thus loosing the tension lock couplers has to be high on the to-do list to improve the looks.

Many on older models will be screw fastened not moulded.

A not so recent issue of Muddle Wail magazine featured mods to improve running of the current range or railroad motive units

Whilst elsewhere on the web is a vid featuring a Nellie with DCC and sound chip running at a scale 5mph and making a wonderful noise.

A wash over with 'dirty brush cleaner' would add the layer of oily polish even if nothing more was done to weather the models.

Making the mix of liveries more the kind of thing found in Heritage Railway running sheds.

The potential of 105 of the little bu99ers :nono: trundling back and forth would make DCC a worthwhile investment.

Don't forget Tri-ang also made a nice little steeple cab with pantograph on the 'Nellie' Chassis block, Catenary is not something that has yet made it's way into the Heritage Scene in working form for some reason or other...

Hi.

Due to poor health nothing is going to be done on this layout until it gets sorted out / improves.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and left advice, kind words etc.

I hope to be back soon.

Jerry.

So true mate, hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

Jerry.

Jerry

I was taken ill at the end of last year leading into this year. Terribly frustrating being restricted in what you can do, also sometimes not feeling up to it. Hopefully the NHS can sort things out for you sooner rather than later.