DJM Forum

DJM Dave

As others have said - don't do it.

You seem to be a "one man band" operation and you don't anyone to delegate / trust any work to.  On that basis where do you think you will get more than 24 hours in the day from ?

You need to apply "KISS" to your business if you intend to survive, otherwise you are going to be letting a lot of people down who want Claytons, baby deltics and APTs and who did want 74s and Q6s and 59s etc   

• RMweb Gold

As one wise person once told me: Don’t try to be a jack of all trades, and churn out mediocre results. Instead do what you do well, and aim to be the best. You cannot be the best at everything.

Dave, you are able to design and put into production models, something that most of us do not have the expertise to do. Use your expertise to give us excellent models, instead of becoming distracted in forum moderation. Let the quality of your models do the talking!

As others have said stick to what you do best, which you did so well when you stuck your head above the sand at Dapol with the Western by engaging the buying public ,and still continue to do so, you seem to have your hands full enough as it is with current projects....and their train of arm chair experts !!!!

I agree with the consensus - I don't see the point in manufacturers having forums on their website.  I certainly don't use any of them, although I did spend some time on the Hornby one several years ago - probably before I found RMWeb.  The reason I spend so much time on RMWeb is that it has the critical mass to attract a good number of knowledgeable individuals who can usually answer most questions that I post and I find that there are even some questions that I can answer!!  There are a large number of threads covering virtually the whole spectrum of model railways from ready to run through to scratch-building in all scales; model and prototype discussions; track, locomotives, scenery and electrics (both DC and DCC)

What would a DJM forum achieve and why should I spend time there rather than here?  As everyone else has said, just concentrate on your models.  Whilst I have not bought any of DJM models, I may do so in the future.  However, I'll be influenced by what is said about products on this site along with taking the opportunity to see your locomotives 'in the flesh' at my local model shop when they actually get there.

• Like 1

• AY Mod locked this topic