Ozexpatriate

This is merely an idle curiousity and doesn't deserve it's own thread, but I couldn't find a suitable place in wheeltappers to include it.

Can anyone identify the location (or the locomotives) here.

post-1819-0-77214700-1539109869_thumb.jpg

This is from an Amazon commercial in heavy rotation right now.

Apparently it has a title: 'A big collection of small' - song by Canned Heat

Does anyone recognize the ferry?

I feel a little bad about wasting so many bits on this, but I am confident that someone will know were it belongs.

thanks,

Edited by Ozexpatriate

The locos are Swedish T44s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SJ_T44).  I'm afraid I don't know the location.

Thanks for that.

The commercial has an intentionally 'global' look to it and I couldn't place them at all.

I don't know if they painted up a bunch of containers for each photo shoot or did some CGI trickery to apply liveries, but I assumed that the scene was based on some live photography.

• Like 1

I can't resist a puzzle, so I've had a little think/Google.

I reckon its on the raumabanen in Norway. Maybe kylling bridge. A company called green cargo runs container trains over that line since 2016 using a fleet of ex SJ T44s, other pictures suggest double and even triple heading is common.

And apparently the video is unavailable in my country. Because Amazon don't want people voluntarily watching their adverts?

• Like 1

And apparently the video is unavailable in my country. Because Amazon don't want people voluntarily watching their adverts?

The link is to You Tube, which I suspect is the issue more than Amazon.

If you search for Amazon "A big collection of small" commercial, I would think you would find some relevant hits.

The link is to You Tube, which I suspect is the issue more than Amazon.

If you search for Amazon "A big collection of small" commercial, I would think you would find some relevant hits.

Given that Amazon uploaded the video to YouTube, Amazon has placed geographic restrictions on the viewing of the video.

They have however uploaded the video under a different Amazon account that at least works in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u5Nlvj2kgc

I'm afraid I don't think it is jora bridge, though I might be wrong, I've never been to norway either - nearest I've got was halfway down lake Malaren in Sweden!

I hope you won't feel I'm trying to "win" here monkeysarefun, but once I'd worked out it was the raumabanen I looked at the bridges on the line via google maps and I'd discounted Jora. Whilst the bridges are similar in design Jora bridge is pretty straight and so is the track either side of it, and the embankment on the right hand side of it is grassed, plus the bridge isn't quite so tall and the clearings and buildings on the left bank of the river don't match with those visible in the video/still images. At kylling bridge (near verma) the gorge is tighter, the bridge taller and it is situated in the middle of a horseshoe curve (like on the video). Both bridges have an overbridge on the approach on from the left bank like in the video. The clearings and buildings at Kylling on the left bank match those in the video and the embankment at the right of the bridge is covered in stone with the odd pine (as in the video). Its difficult to find a photo online that matches perfectly as amazon were using a helicopter for their shots, and most photographers don't have those, but this longer shot from higher ground of kylling bridge corresponds fairly well (although it is from 2005):

img_8707_1162745576.jpg

Pointless really, but I've enjoyed learning about the raumabanen and got to see some pretty good railway engineering that I wasn't aware of previously, plus I've learned that Bru/Bro appears to be norwegian for bridge which no doubt will be extremely useful in my life!

To be honest the whole line looks like a journey worth making - beautiful scenery. All in all a nice little puzzle, Thanks for the diversion/question!

640px-Tunnelene_ved_Verma.jpg

No thoughts of competing with you - I put a question mark at the end of my answer to show it was just a guess...

In typical internat fashion putting 'jora bridge' into google images comes up with three apparently completely different bridges all called jora bridge! So you are far more likey to be correct especially given  the closest I've been to Norway is Fremantle WA!

I'm not sure if this is the one you refer to (From Google maps):

post-1819-0-49156000-1539794193.jpg

It really feels like this is the right region and the commercial has to be shot on the Rauma Line.

Thank you for all the sleuthing! I had absolutely no idea where this might be.

Kylling Bro has it's own Wikipedia page. An image search for Kylling Bro is very productive and much more spectacular than what is seen in the commercial - presuming that is the same bridge. Apparently it is one of the most photographed railway bridges in Norway - if the Wikipedia entry is to be believed.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• 4 months later...