Special Edition Great Central Robinson 2-8-0 for National Railway Museum - now in stock

dcroz

Thanks David for keeping all informed regarding the outstanding models Robinson 1185 limited run of 500

The outstanding 320 pieces were stuck in the backlog of the shipping fraternity, from the weather conditions over the festive period.

Hurry though as I know that 90 pieces were sold yesterday.

http://www.nrmshop.co.uk/models/product/304818/Bachmann-robinson-o4-locomotive-no-1185.html

The NRM are very grateful for your purchases. Every purchase supports the National Collection.

Although it would be even better if you all came and visited the NRM - lots on & lots happening over February half term for those of you with Children (Hogwarts Express rides - & Wizardry goings on)

BIG thank you.

I'm intruiged. Where does the 12% that you get back come from? Is it from the NRM's portion of the sale price or is there some loophole in the VAT?

Pix

Comes from NRM sale price, they must be making a tidy profit to offer 12% cashback through this site. Not that I see anything wrong with NRM prices as such, they;re not competing with the box shifters afterall.

• 6 years later...
Guest spet0114

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but, having always been a sucker for pre-grouping RTR models and having lusted after this one for a good while, I finally landed one on Wednesday, courtesy of everyone's least favourite online auction site. The price was extortionate, but I don't care - it's one itch well and truly scratched!

Now I just hope it survives the post....and gets here before the next club running night! :-)

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but, having always been a sucker for pre-grouping RTR models and having lusted after this one for a good while, I finally landed one on Wednesday, courtesy of everyone's least favourite online auction site. The price was extortionate, but I don't care - it's one itch well and truly scratched!

Now I just hope it survives the post....and gets here before the next club running night! :-)

I like your “to pot with it all, I’m getting one” attitude. :) It’s a lovely model. Bachmann also did a nice J11 in GCR livery and a triple pack of GCR wagons (one of which is actually grouping era). As if to make up for that, a private owner wagon marked “GCR” has also been produced. A GCR brake van would be nice, please, Bachmann.

Guest spet0114

I paid quite a bit for the same model on Ebay a few years ago. I did, however, pick up a brand new Butler Henderson and the GCR liveried J11 when they were available.

Are you going to complete the set by buying 'Mons' when it's finally released?

Guest spet0114

As if to make up for that, a private owner wagon marked “GCR” has also been produced.

Can you point me to a link or catalogue number - this is one that has passed me by....

Can you point me to a link or catalogue number - this is one that has passed me by....

It’s a private owner wagon discretely marked “GCR”. Out of stock at Hatton’s but pictures at:

http://www.hattons.co.uk/60912/Bachmann_Branchline_37_162_8_plank_end_door_wagon_in_R_W_Hill_Son_livery/StockDetail.aspx

The Model Centre has four if you decide that the “GCR” is not too discrete.

Archived