Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Midsomer Matford

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Nevard

Chris Nevard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationGuildford

Posted 25 February 2011 - 17:33

I popped in for a drop of lunch at the South Devon Massive HQ yesterday and discovered that with the impending rebuild, that the chaps have converted the layout back in time and narrowed the gauge to 16.5mm to make it more saleable to the great unwashed like me.....
Rumour has it that they might rename it Midsomer Matford to make it attractive with the current surge of SDJR interest

nevard_110224_matfrd_sdjr7f_DSC_1561_web.jpg

nevard_110224_matfrd_sdjr_1p_DSC_1568_web.jpg

:mocking_mini:
  • Like x 9

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 Tigger

Tigger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationI was over there, now I'm here

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:49

That looks fantastic :D more pics please

#3 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationUp The Creek

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:22

I know you're organised and thorough Chris, but its a bit early for April the 1st :rolleyes:

#4 bike2steam

bike2steam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,065 posts
  • Locationnear Blandford

Posted 26 February 2011 - 15:52

Excellent stuff, just love the 1P, must have one for Blandford - well after the Bachmann 'Bulldog'.

#5 coachmann

coachmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17,677 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 16:11

Excellent stuff but I thought you might have gone for Midsomer Merders after the dastardly deed was done to remove the poor guards footboards on the SR goods brake.:) Also mighty envious of your 0-4-4T!

#6 Chris Nevard

Chris Nevard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationGuildford

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:26

:lol: - I blame 'that CK' for introducing the wagons that are actually the right gauge for the track to pose in front of my 'Hornby'. Mr PMP is an expert at fudging/balancing 'narra-gauge' to 18.833333, but in this case a length of code 75.22345 flat bottomed rail makes a wonderful platform to balance the offending flanges, thus ensuring a level display.

On a slightly more glamorous note, watch out for Matford - as intended in the popular press soon ("IN COLOUR")......

#7 BlackRat

BlackRat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:22

Lovely!

You can solve the gauge prob by running flangeless stock.

A bit frustrating tho!

#8 Re6/6

Re6/6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:21

Excellent stuff but I thought you might have gone for Midsomer Merders after the dastardly deed was done to remove the poor guards footboards on the SR goods brake.:) Also mighty envious of your 0-4-4T!

Larry, that's the trouble with these snappers, they catch you out with all the wonky and missing bits!;) :P