Scenecraft Sheffield Park Station

70E

I have a plan for my own layout in my head (albeit in reserve for the future but I may not get round to doing it) for a proposed station in a village just a few minutes walk from where I live called Lindfield which I might use some of these buildings for if I ever build it.

Lindfield may have actually been a station had the Ouse Valley Railway (which work was started but not finished due to finacial reasons and small parts can still be seen near Haywards Heath and Uckfield) been built. I think its said the Bluebell wouldn't have been built had the Ouse Valley Railway been successful although Sheffield Park would still have had a station.

From what I heard, I think when we lived briefly in Lindfield before moving to Burgess Hill... both Lindfield and Cuckfield said "no" to the railway... so they put in on the heath through the middle of them... and Haywards Heath grew from that. Of course I expect I'm wrong - but a nice story though.

• 9 months later...

The Sheffield Park footbridge has now, at last, arrived (it flew in record time from Liverpool to Canada - 4 days!)- it really is excellent - ready to be resprayed SR green for the daring.

It has exceeded my expectations. It is mostly made of metal - probably brass and is very fine and light.

And unsurprisingly it fits right in. It could easily be reworked for a number of diferent uses.

Archived