Some Finnish Action

millerhillboy

Been spending some time in Finland recently and popped out today to get some pictures.

Plenty of loco action with very occasional units and the odd pendolino tilting train but most stuff is loco hauled and plenty freight action too.

Only downside it appears only two types of loco....both electic. There is the very occasional diesel, often double headed but they've eluded me with the camera

A pair of Russian built SR1's. General workhorse's, mostly freight and second tier passenger workings.

post-81-12600446387459_thumb.jpg

One of many regular freight workings....and yes it was very cold!

post-81-12600446501689_thumb.jpg

The other main class, the SR2. Mostly sort of inter-city level passenger work and also often freight as well.

post-81-12600446946229_thumb.jpg

A study of the SR1

post-81-12600447096644_thumb.jpg

Picture of the roundhouse beside the station with an SR1 poking into view

post-81-12600447689045_thumb.jpg

Double decked coaching...a bit odd but you get used to it...

post-81-1260045015539_thumb.jpg

Busy station scene, always a good amount of movements going on

post-81-12600450704151_thumb.jpg

Hope these are of some interest.....

... if anyone's interested I've found one VR modeller whose website is in english http://www.dlc.fi/~j...nsFrameSet.html

Blimey - I went through a few of his projects, expecting at first to see a bit of cutting and shutting, and a few nice resprays, but no! This guy is seriously good. He's starting out with little more than a likely-looking bogie, and building his locos from scratch using rapid prototyping and CNC milling. Those long Finnish winters must surely fly by...

Blimey - I went through a few of his projects, expecting at first to see a bit of cutting and shutting, and a few nice resprays, but no! This guy is seriously good. He's starting out with little more than a likely-looking bogie, and building his locos from scratch using rapid prototyping and CNC milling. Those long Finnish winters must surely fly by...

Indeed, his finished models really look like the real thing for sure and as you say he starts with not much more than a bogie.

Archived