LNWR point rodding and stretcher bar

I am building a 7mm model of a LNWR layout set circa 1900. I wish to include some representation of stretcher bars for the turnouts and the rodding which moves the stretcher bar. Knowng nothing about the subject I hope that some RMWeb readers are able to share photos of the relevant items.

Thank you, Graham Beare

post-702-0-42682500-1353268576_thumb.jpg

Not being "My Railway" I can't find anything directly related to the LNWRly, nor could I find anything in Richard Foster's tome on signalling.

The attached, taken from a Saxby & Farmer catolouge should give a good general idea of the connection between rodding run and stretcher.

If you want to model the LNWR and have the details right, I strongly recomend joining the LNWR society/association. I did similar with the North Eastern Railway Assoc many years ago, there is also the Yahoo "Trackwork Group". Mick Nicholson.

Thank you gentlemen, I shall have to look into membership of the LNWRS.

Well worth it, especially as Richard Foster and others with considerable knowledge of the Premier Line are actively involved. Whatever time of the year you join you also get all the journals, etc. published for that year.

http://www.lnwrs.org.uk/Join/index.php

Archived