Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

Magazine Appeareance

beast66606

• RMweb Gold

January 09 sees the Hornby magazine visiting the facility to photograph Widnes for a future article - we are really looking forward to this as the magazine is going from strength to strength and we are pleased to be included in it's line up.

The article is currently planned for publication some time in 2010 but obviously the editor has the final say (well in most magazines ;) )

Edit - corrected date.

Guest Digital

January 09 sees the Hornby magazine visiting the facility to photograph Widnes for a future article - we are really looking forward to this as the magazine is going from strength to strength and we are pleased to be included in it's line up.

The article is currently planned for publication some time in 2010 but obviously the editor has the final say (well in most magazines wink.gif )

Edit - corrected date.

Hi Dave,

Good to see Widnes is going to appear in the Hornby mag.

Look forward to the article, might even persuade me to buy the mag.

Best wishes for the New Year

John

• RMweb Gold

Thats a bit of a bummer.........never mind, its understandable at the moment I suppose.

Mike, from Hornby mag, has a several hour journey at the best of times - you can imagine what it would be like in the snow / ice and then getting to the cabin up in the hills ...

Gives me time to write the article too :O :)

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to the article Dave, but it would be nice to have a DVD programme about the layout. I have the MBIM compilation featuring WVY, but it's slightly sterile. A fully featured programme would be welcome, featuring construction tips, perhaps even some general DCC advice. There's also the possibility of featuring the team too - or perhaps not...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys

Loved the Charlotte Road article.!! Can't wait for the Vine Yard instalment...soon to appear I beleive.??

Bob

Almost as we speak :O :lol: - aimed at the August edition of the Hornby mag.

Guest Digital

Almost as we speak ohmy.gif laugh.gif - aimed at the August edition of the Hornby mag.

Good news about the article Dave, look forward to reading it.

When does the Hornby magazine reach the shops?

Will have to pop to the nearest WH Smiths to get mine.

John

• RMweb Gold

Not sure John - still awaiting the proof, Mike (Wild) is very busy getting the mag ready, as soon as I get confirmation I will post.

I notice Nicks taken to extreme deliveries to avoid coming to the cabin :lol:

Picked up the Hornby mag again last night while in bed.....had another browse thro Charlotte Road article, the pictures are good and show off some of the signalling to really good effect. I expect there are a few more feathers to come on WVY shortly...can't wait.

I'm afraid I tend to scan mags first, then keep coming back to them over the next couple of weeks or so, and picking up on another article, thats why I'm a little slow on commenting on the article.....better late than never though Eh.?

Bob.

Picked up the Hornby mag again last night while in bed.....had another browse thro Charlotte Road article, the pictures are good and show off some of the signalling to really good effect. I expect there are a few more feathers to come on WVY shortly...can't wait.

Bob.

Bob,

I sent Mike a nice new target board this past Winter with a shroud soldered to it, a special for WVY. He told me that he finally got round to fitting the new style LED a couple weeks back. Now waiting for it to plop into my mailbox here at the signal works. I have made the post already. Yeah, I know, big deal you're thinking, as it happens it's a tad different. This post is a rectangular jobbie and I had to make a female telescopic doodad for it for fitting underneath the baseboard.

Later with additional details as they arise.

Cheers, Tony

• RMweb Gold

Bob,

I sent Mike a nice new target board this past Winter with a shroud soldered to it, a special for WVY. He told me that he finally got round to fitting the new style LED a couple weeks back. Now waiting for it to plop into my mailbox here at the signal works. I have made the post already. Yeah, I know, big deal you're thinking, as it happens it's a tad different. This post is a rectangular jobbie and I had to make a female telescopic doodad for it for fitting underneath the baseboard.

Later with additional details as they arise.

Cheers, Tony

Mmmm - I want, I want, I want :)

• RMweb Gold

Shock and horror - You didn't know. OMG....!! :O :O :O

Cheers, Tone.

Of course I knew about "Barry the signal" :blink: ;) - I just want the finished one back again so I can plant it :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived