BTP appeal to identify trespassers nr. Ashchurch

I appreciate that this issue was already identified here http://www.rmweb.co....issue-pictures/ which was due locked due to unnecessary distraction.

British Transport Police (BTP) are appealing for the public’s help to identify two men they wish to speak to in relation to a trespass incident at Northway crossing, near Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.

The incident is reported to have happened at around 9.40am on Saturday, 20 October 2012.

PC Alan Fishpool, of BTP, said: “A West Coast steam train, which had been warned following a report from an earlier train, was approaching the level crossing at Northway when the driver saw a man he believed was trespassing, track side of the level crossing barriers which were down at the time to signal a train was approaching.

“This man was taking photographs of the approaching train. Due to the man’s position track side of the lowered barriers, the driver stopped the train and asked the man to return to the correct side of the barriers. The man then returned to the correct side of the barriers.

“At this point a second man began to verbally abuse the driver, who had got down from the locomotive onto the ground to speak with the first man.

“A member of staff on board the took a photo of two men standing at the crossing who I would now like identify and speak to as I believe they will be able to assist me with my enquiries.

“Alternatively, if you are one of the men in the photograph, I would urge you to contact BTP straight away.”

Anyone with information which can assist, police call British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40 or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

In all calls, please quote incident reference B2/WWA of 28/11/2012.

Oct 2012 007.jpg

I shall leave this locked an pinned to hopefully assist the BTP.

Archived