Murphy MM0004 - It's an ESU.... but which one?

philg

In desperation for a 32-pin decoder, I purchased a "preprogrammed" MM0004 from Hattons

This claims to be a "Murphy Models" decoder but seems to be a rebadged ESU one

I've tried reprogramming it, and I can change address and some other options, but try as I might I can't figure out how to reprogram the function mapping - which leads me to think I don't have the ESU model that I think I have!

Does anyone know DEFINITIVELY which ESU decoder this really is?

Thanks

Phil G

Hi Phil. You had me puzzled with the 32-pin bit! If it’s new it will be an ESU v4 decoder, programed for Murphy’s by Mr. Soundguy I believe. HTH. Kev.

Yeah, sorry - 21 pin (fingers one set of keys to the right!)

Just downloaded the ESU doc for a v4 and no wonder I've been struggling to reprogram functions!

I've just installed the latest DecoderPro and I'll try again tomorrow - but all the instructions about indexed cvs has me scratching my head :( - I may end up just replacing it with one of TCSs 21-pin jobs (whenever any appear back in stock)

Thanks for the info

Hi Phil. You had me puzzled with the 32-pin bit! If it’s new it will be an ESU v4 decoder, programed for Murphy’s by Mr. Soundguy I believe. HTH. Kev.

Yay!!

After your advice AND upgrading to the latest version of Decoder Pro, I finally remapped the functions the way I wanted them!

Many thanks Kevpeo

Phil G

Yay!!

After your advice AND upgrading to the latest version of Decoder Pro, I finally remapped the functions the way I wanted them!

Many thanks Kevpeo

Phil G

The other week at Warley, Digitrains, DCC Supplies & DC Kits had the 21Pins available and ON SALE.  I assume they still are!

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, sorry - 21 pin (fingers one set of keys to the right!)

I may end up just replacing it with one of TCSs 21-pin jobs (whenever any appear back in stock)

Thanks for the info

You could always use one of these (which IMHO is a beter decoder)

http://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/Lenz-10321-01-Lenz-10321-01-Silver-21-plus-Locomotive-Decoder/

Keith

Archived