Jawfin

Hi

I personally don't think the RPSI will preserve the whole lot of Gatwicks, as Whitehead is already crammed with coaches.

And they won't need anymore I don't think.

We will just have to wait and see.

I love the Gatwicks and would love to see them on the rails again.

Thanks from a fellow rail spotter in NI.

• 1 month later...

I can see some rationale behind the RPSI using the driving brake van, and maybe the genny would be useful if it can provide the correct voltage etc., for the RPSI's current Mk2a/b/c stock - it would look much better in a rake than the Dutch Vans do.

But as for the rest, what would be the point?  If it is all about the steam experience, then with double glazing and aircon, you'll not hear the engine much unless you are in the first coach - and you can;t even open a window to pick up the aroma and smuts either..I'd be surprised to see any at Downpatrick..

Colm

• RMweb Gold

So first of all you've come on here to ask if the RPSI are preserving something when you got it from the horses mouth already?

And then to turn around and call them liars shows a disgraceful lack of respect. What have they lied about? If they're so bad, why go to Whitehead and act all chummy with them?

If it wasn't for the RPSI there would be barely any steam locos and vintage coaching stock in this country for us to enjoy. You'd be better served remembering that then coming on here and attacking them. Poor form.

You were told by someone from the RPSI that it's happening. They're more likely to know than anyone else. Just looks like you wanted to stick the boot in.

• 2 weeks later...

So first of all you've come on here to ask if the RPSI are preserving something when you got it from the horses mouth already?

And then to turn around and call them liars shows a disgraceful lack of respect. What have they lied about? If they're so bad, why go to Whitehead and act all chummy with them?

If it wasn't for the RPSI there would be barely any steam locos and vintage coaching stock in this country for us to enjoy. You'd be better served remembering that then coming on here and attacking them. Poor form.

You were told by someone from the RPSI that it's happening. They're more likely to know than anyone else. Just looks like you wanted to stick the boot in.

They very well may be looking at the coaches in question as what  coaches the RPSI have will need repairs etc as time goes. The driving trailer i am not sure about and has it ever been out even for a test run?. The other thing i will say as a former volunteer money has to be spent very wisely as bums on seats keeps the wheels turning ( no pun intended) and things can go wrong requiring cash and time to repair and the volunteers in both society's know this and know each other and work together. I like many modellers and enthusiasts would love to see the Gatwick set and DBSO in the hands of a preservation society but in the real world time and money and reality don't always go hand in hand. I am not going to chide you for asking questions as its part of our hobby and especially the modelling side so don't stop asking  its how we learn and educate our selves and i am sure if your post was as bad as is being made out a moderator would have come in. What modelling are you doing and watch out for some interesting stuff coming on to RM web in the Irish section as the winter comes in the plastic and tools come out to while away the dark nights.

Regards Gareth.      

Archived