Hornby 2-Hal with correct trailer pickup bogie

Guest maxthemapman

Nice photos, Robert. :)

I'm hoping my pair of HALs will arrive in the next few days (it takes a little longer for them to get to Australia, even if they are jet-powered for the trip!).

• 2 months later...

There were physical difficulties extending the platforms on the Greenwich line to 10 coaches but it was done.  I lived on that line until 1963 and regularly used Westcombe Park station and rush-hour trains were 10 coaches.  The 1958 timetable which I still have does not show any trains skipping Woolwich Dockyard station.  There have been more recent problems with the extension to 12 coach trains, but I believe the stations have been lengthened again.

I think any reference to 12-coach TRAINS is erroneous ......................... we've had 12-coach PLATFORMS round here ( Mid-Kent Line ) for umpteen years but never - so far as i know any train longer than 10-car : either Networker or 376 - what would you add to the latter to make 12-car anyway ? ( Of course there are suggestions - in particular from a certain former Mayor - that we should be tacked on to the end of Bakerloo Line .... so that would limit trains to seven significantly shorter coaches ...... hmmmmmmmm )

Archived