This is another CR Diagram 3 wagon. I made it way back in 1988 from a John Boyle etch, and although I was reasonably good at working with etched brass I didn’t have access to all the drawings and photos that are now available. The result was a decent body, but rather wrong from the solebars down. It got displaced by newer stock, but I thought I’d dig it out and have a go at bringing it up to standard.
This particular example is one of the 1891 build converted for perishable goods traffic. It was fitted with through air and vacuum pipes, flitched frames, oil boxes and the McIntosh patent brake. I have added these from the bits box, a full repaint and there it is back in service again. I have weathered it a bit, the picture in the wagon book shows it in a rather dusty condition.
Time to fire up the silhouette and have a go at the stairs from the station building to the platform.