Back last October, I started construction of an Academy Boeing B-29A Superfortress - however due to railway commission work I didn't get very far (and it was proving a challenging kit)
A big box of parts..
Start of the cockpit..
Test fitting in the fuselage
Cockpit, tunnel & rear crew area test fitted together.
Crew area's painted.
Fuselage nearly ready to close up, along with a few other bits..
After an awful lot of coins in the swear jar (and insulating tape)- the fuselage is together..
In order to create the A version - there's a lot of filing & sanding involved.
Dry fit of the wings (tail empernage is fitted)
Also a lot of ballast is needed to get the center of gravity right!
Even more filling and sanding needed..
And imagine the swearing when I saw where they'd put the ejector pins on the nose wheels!!
Aftermarket to the rescue there - courtesy of Hannants..
Somehow the main canopy needs a 20 thou styrene packer on the port side to fit properly!
And on that disappointment - that's all for now..
.. till next time