So in a brief interlude from the Attacker build (waiting for the filler to cure properly), I decided on a quick build. This kit arrived Thursday morning:
The parts removed very cleanly from the sprue and only need a minimum of clean up.
Though an older tooling (2006) the fit was very good.
Obviously I've diverged slightly from the instructions because of painting..
To give some extra weight the lower hull is die-cast, so super glue is needed to glue the front & rear panels to the lower hull.
At this point the wheels and tracks should be fitted, however I decided to make things easier and build up the top of the hull and the turret (the top of the hull is secured to the bottom half of the hull by two screws)
Next wheels, lower hull and the underside of the topside of the hull painted.
The wheels, idlers & drive sprockets where glued to the lower hull and the tracks returned from paint.
With the tracks assembled and fitted the hull could be closed up finally and a Cromwell appears.
With some minor filling and clean up done, the tracks where masked up and it was ready for paint.
A coat of Nato Black was applied.
Then a shadow coat of Insignia White
After several coats of Dark Green and some details painted the Cromwell is nearly ready for Decals.
A photo taken under more different lighting.
That's all for now.