So it's been over 6 months since an update on this big build, but now there's been some work on it. Some of these photo's have appeared on my thread..
With the Peco Bull-head track cut into lengths it was time to make up the base for the shed, I went for a magnetic attachment using 3mm rare earth magnets (I only needed ten sets).
With the base plate made it was time for some surgery on the engine shed
With this done, it was time to test fit the track & work out where to isolate the track, it was initially planned to be 3 section per track in the shed - however when I put some loco's in, it was very apparent that wouldn't work.
After consulting with my Client (and his brother) the issue isolating sections was sorted and instead of three sections it was reduced to two per track in the shed. I had to cut the inspection pits out first prior to laying the track. Once the track was layed, wired up and cut, the inspection pits were added.
I also altered the height of the shed entrances (more styrene).
Next up was the fun part, cutting up strips of styrene strip and sheet to make up the floor. This was then painted a suitable colour.
With the hard part done, I started painting the interior, modifying some Hornby Buffer beams to fit and gluing the roof frames in place (after they'd been painted). The base plate was also collected part way through this by my client (hence why it disappears part way through the photo's below lol).
Now next up I should've been installing the lighting - however Amazon let me down on some parts, so in the meantime I got on building up the roof panels.
So that's all for this build update.