Jencaster - 1930's LMS OO Gauge Layout

ianLMS

• RMweb Gold

Latest additions to the fleet. A Jidenco LMS 6-wheel fish van with modified chassis, a Cambrian models Meat van, 12t van and 2 5-planks ( pics to follow). Also a Jamieson Streamlined Duchess, 6243 "City of Lancaster" liveried as it came out of Crewe works in 1940. A few months later than my modelling period, but i think i am allowed one indiscretion!!! Build detail in the Kitbuilding section

I am also currently removing a double slip and replacing it with a medium turnout to rectify an issue i had near the good sidings. Again, pics to follow. 

Maybe quiet on here but still busy modelling!!!

Ian

20220926_070129.jpg

20220926_070118.jpg

20220913_210802.jpg

20220905_124204.jpg

Edited by ianLMS
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

And the new track layout, removing the double slip sorted out the link road which had a way too tight curve from the siding entry point. This gives me a dead end siding for offloading wagon loads using the yard crane

20220927_201443.jpg

20220927_201426.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Pics of the layout with recent kit builds of wagons and a 50' brake coach i have completed, plus the current loco project, a Dave Basford (K22009) kit of the Midland 1F. One round top and one Belpaire boilered version.

20221201_070334.jpg

20221201_070329.jpg

20221201_070305.jpg

20221201_070236.jpg

20221201_070230.jpg

20221201_070154.jpg

20221201_070149.jpg

20221201_070144.jpg

• Like 13

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I dont have a nice track plan like you see in the magazines (although one would be nice) but i have a pic of the schematic for the control panel. Only difference is the double slip at 4/6 is now a single facing point and 23 is now entry to just a siding, 

20230123_194327.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have, after many days/weeks of agonizing, decided to move to P4 and enter a layout in to the Scalefour Jubilee Competition. In order to make space, repair the ceiling and re-organize the railway room, my OO layout Jencaster has had to be dismantled. Due to lack of foresight and over-engineering, the layout is basically being ripped up and destroyed. I will close this thread im a week or two and open a new one with the new layout which is going to be based on Oxenholme Engine Shed during 1939. 

Thank you all for your kind words, advice and support over the years and hope you will continue to follow me when i start building the new layout.

Ian

Edited by ianLMS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Graham T said:

A shame to see this one go, and having just dismantled my own layout, I know how it feels!  But looking forward to seeing the next one.

It is a painful process, especially after 11 years of investing blood, sweat, tears and money. Having said that, what I have learnt during the build, re-build and dismantling of this layout will pay dividends going forward, and, to be honest, I hadn't operated the layout for a long, long time and in a way, it was inevitable. Entering into the Scalefour competition gave me the final push I needed.

During the dismantling phase, I have managed to salvage most of the buildings, some in mini-diorama's (like the garage & forecourt, church & farm, cottages, terraced houses etc) which I will try to sell on so hopefully someone can make good use of them. If not, they will go into storage. 

I will sell the points (scenic ones are weathered, and all of them are electrically modified, have holes for pins and the tie-bars trimmed so I don't expect much for them) and some of the track from the fiddle yard which is perfectly re-usable. The rest will be binned. Point motors, auto-frogs, DCC Concepts solenoid decoders (ADS-8SX & FX) etc will hopefully be sold off to go towards the cost of the new layout.

One last photo before I go.

Jencaster-FinalPhoto.jpg.746bbba42b00499788d4c901cad01f11.jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

For those of you who would like to follow me on my new adventure into P4, here is the new thread I have just started.

Oxenholme(ish) Engine Shed - c1939. A P4 Layout for the Scalefour Jubilee Challenge - Layout topics - RMweb

Thank you

Ian

Edited by ianLMS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1