Locomotech ?

amdaley

Hello Everyone.

Does anyone know if Locomotech 168a The Street, Clapham, Worthing who produced a motorising kit for the Peco turntable are still trading ?

Might also be trading as Trains and Boats and Planes / Rupert Harper ? 

Thanks everyone.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone used the Locomotech Indexing kit.

I have a Peco turntable - fully assembled - track laid and everything.  The rail guides are butted up - end to end.  I believe there needs to be a 5mm gap between the rails guides - any comments?

Currently using a Frizinghall motirizing kit which is a bit noisy and a bit jerky.   

Has anyone used the Locomotech Indexing kit.

I have a Peco turntable - fully assembled - track laid and everything.  The rail guides are butted up - end to end.  I believe there needs to be a 5mm gap between the rails guides - any comments?

Currently using a Frizinghall motirizing kit which is a bit noisy and a bit jerky.

Hi bagpipes12,

Bought the indexing kit a couple of weeks ago as an add on to their original motorising unit and it works very well. There are five roads to use on the indexing and very easy to set up. If you've purchased the original motorising kit from Locomotech there is a discount on the indexing kit. No connection etc just one satisfied customer.

I asked Rupert of Locomotech if he planned to do a video showing the indexing item working.

He said he was very busy with the launch but wound get around to it.

Meantime if anyone who has bought it would like to show a video of it working I'm sure it would be of great help to everyone interested in purchasing the unit.

I have the Locomotech motor system & it seems to work very well even though I have only tested it on setup.

Here's a quick vid made just now, please excuse the quality ( made on my iPhone ) hope it gives an idea.

Photos to show the "gubbins" below the board......

post-20303-0-24358000-1462970967_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-47473600-1462970981_thumb.jpeg

This shows the turntable in situ with temp wiring as the layout is very much work in progress.

I found Rupert to be a very helpful chap too.

That looks great bgman  :good:

How are you operating it ?

Hi Tony,

There is a small push to make switch that connects to the main Indexing Control circuit board and you simply push and hold until the road you wish to stop at approaches then let go.

The first picture shows the board with a reversing switch below ( relative to the direction in which the turntable travels ) .

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers

Grahame

Archived