GNR vegetable wagon (4mm)

In a fit of trying to catch up with all the wagon kits I seem to have accumulated, I came across a white metal GNR vegetable wagon. This is actually a 10 ton, 6 plank, 19 foot wagon with a cage to extend its height.

Now I've got around to making it, I've discovered that I've lost the instructions somewhere along the way. Not even sure now who produced the kit (I suspect D&S or David Geen), but it consists of a white metal body with brass etching for the extension.

Fortunately there's a photo in Peter Tatlow's LNER Wagons book (vol. 1) which gives me most of what I need to go on, but does anyone out there happen to have the instructions?

Cheers,

Simon.

• RMweb Gold

Here you go, pretty sure this is the one, it's plate 20 page 15 in Peter Tatlows book.

DS264 10T Open (Vac pipe)

post-4738-0-38474000-1455389056_thumb.jpg

Here is a cr*p photo of the one I built, looks (slightly) better in the flesh, and like many other things is waiting for the spray booth to go back into the workshop.

post-4738-0-76815400-1455389068.jpg

If the instructions didn't scan well drop me a PM and I'll send a better copy (1mb limit)

Mine's coming on nicely now. I made a few changes - I replaced the brake levers with some etched ones from Bill Bedford - officially they're Midland brake levers, but I bent them around a little to more closely match. Also, the brake safety loops are from Bill Bedford (for this wagon they do seem to be set at an angle - may have overdone it a bit and might have to tweak them back a bit!). Buffers are also not from the kit, but MJT RCH sprung buffers which looked a similar pattern. Waiting for a sunny day so I can take it outside for spraying. Buffer heads, couplings and brake hoses will go on later. Next to it, an LNWR D88 also waiting for a sunny day!

post-27155-0-88327000-1455838100_thumb.jpg

Archived