Chopper/guillotine by North West Short Line

Evenin' all,

At risk of mentioning something already on RMWeb here is The Chopper by NWSL....

post-7795-0-44601900-1456168807.jpg

....I find it ideal for chopping/cutting such as C&L cork strips where square ends are needed. The cork strip may be wider than the blade but by flipping over the strip the remaining width is easily and cleanly chopped square.

All manner of small plastic or wood sections can be chopped in the same way.

Mine came from here   http://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/hand-tools/cutting-hand-tools/the-chopper-ii.html

Dave

And this from Proses, whereas the NW Shortline chopper uses single edge razor blades, this uses 10mm snap off type blades. It wouldn't be well suited to wide cuts such as the cork track bed.

post-6861-0-00232100-1456246173.jpeg

I've got one of each. I tend to use the NWSL Chopper the most, just familiarity, I've had it a while, but you can only cut angles at the end of a work piece. Because of the design, when angle cutting you cannot push the workpiece far under the blade.

With the Proses model the fences can be arranged so that you can angle cut midway along a length. It comes in handy for repetitive chopping of identical lengths at set angles.

Archived