• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I'm in the final stages of planning a near scale and minimally compressed n gauge rendition of Perth General, circa 1962-64, minus the Dundee platforms. Basically the scenic section will encompass everything from the Glasgow Road bridge to the Leonard Street bridge.

Whilst I have plenty of information regarding the track plan at the Leonard Street end (South end), the Northern end from Glasgow road is a bit sketchy for that period, particularly the pointwork for access to platforms 8 & 9 (or were the 7& 8? - the North facing bay platforms). Any pictures I have found so far have included a train on the exit from what is now platform 7, and so the pointwork in question is obscured. It seem to have been reworked and rationalised sometime around this period as elsewhere at that end a slip was removed. 

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAxOFgxNjAw/z/vSsAAOSw5dNWj9Fa/$_35.JPG

is the general area, but I could do with the photographer being 50 - 100 or so feet back.

Can anyone help with photos or directions to photos of this end of teh station over that time period?

I'm also trying to find decent pictures of the trackwork around the carriage shed and the motorail platforms.

Anyon ehelp?

Many thanks

Scott

• RMweb Premium

don't know if it's the same as Robert's, but there is a 1962 Signalling notice for Perth signalbox at the s-r-s website:

http://www.s-r-s.org.uk/pullfree.asp?FilePath=ArchiveSignals\Downloads\brscot&FileName=1962-perth.pdf

the diagram is on the last page and covers from the tunnel to the south of Perth to just north of the start of the Crieff branch.

Hi Keefer, Yep thats the one. I've done, what you may know is known as an M1, showing the track and signalling, but unlike the Notice it includes point numbers, TC numbers, signal yardages from box ,etc.

kind regards,

R

Archived