BRM JUNE + DVD

Cheers Andy. I'm sure the editors need to think about layout & balance in the articles so it's not an easy job, but it would be good if there was more ever coverage. :)

You want more pages? It'll cost yer. ;)

Anyway here's a couple of others that fell off the desk plus the uncropped cover shot.

Detail3s.jpg

Detail16s.jpg

Feature14s.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Andy. I'm sure the editors need to think about layout & balance in the articles so it's not an easy job, but it would be good if there was more ever coverage. :)

You want more pages? It'll cost yer. ;)

Sorry that should have been "more even coverage" !  :pardon:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be interested to see what sort of reaction Mikkel's 'Slipper Boy' article will get. It's undoubtedly excellent modelling, very atmospheric, well posed and photographed to tell a story. What it isn't is a narrative of how a model was built and only the final image in the 'Fact or Fiction' panel gives the game away about how much is achieved in a small area. I love it but what will the readership think?

Thank you to Mikkel for allowing us to feature the story!

I think it's the best article in the magazine, the layout of it was very good and if I'm completely honest, it's a refreshing change from the typical layout articles that just basically list the baseboard build, how they arranged the ehattons/rails/wherever purchases. I prefer to concentrate on the why they built it, what appealed to them, what modifications they made..... I don't want to read a sentence that contains "the tried and tested method", I would rather read about their passion for the project and what makes it unique. 

Moving off topic now, I did notice an unusually high amount of grammatical errors this month, not something I'd usually expect, one or two being more than a missed word or wrong one, so much so that my brain wasn't able to automatically fill in the blank. I can accept that everyone has off days, hopefully it will be looked in to though to ensure it doesn't become a regular occurrence. 

Archived