Windhoff MPV

Doughnut

I'm just about to add extra detail/lights to my Bachmann MPV and was wondering if these vehicles have flashing orange warning lights above the cabs? One website, which shows how to add DCC lighting to models, shows how to add an orange flashing LED to the cabs. But, having trawled the various online info sites, I cant find any picture or video of the real thing having these lights. Anybody know differently?

Many thanks

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Not seen them on any of the standard MPV's and I can't see why they would as locos with flashing beacons are usually found in industrial sites where they mix with road vehicles. We've been doing T3 engineering trials with them on Wessex and they're not modified in any way apart from alternative modules or extra vehicles inbetween.

Sounds like an extra sales opportunity for their road vehicle led light bars ;)

• RMweb Gold

No orange flashing lights there is however a blue flashing one on the auxiliary power unit. This operates only if the APU fails.

We do not need flashing lights on T3 sites to many lights already.

Some of those road railers have to brighter lights already if one is approaching you all you can see is lights you can't tell if they have spreaders out or anything

• 1 month later...

Archived