Greenwood

Georgie!!

Hi all,

Well with Jessop Yard gone a new layout has to be built to replace it, so heres Greenwood.

Greenwood is OO gauge and still work in progress. Im hoping to create a detailed village around the railway. Greenwood is a terminus station with two sidings for run arounds and for locos or rakes to sit until next turn of duty.

Greenwood is set in Modern day, but honestly anything can arrive from steam to diesel, same with passenger services, both loco hauled and units can appear, but no electric locos or units as Im not adding third rail or overhead lines.

the village buildings are all Skaledale buildings but have had extras added or detialed, like the pubs window boxes are now full of flowers and beer barrels stored around the back and tonnes more yet to be added!! The spare areas are going to be well overgrown areas with weeds, bushes and hopefully trees.

Greenwood is going to be controlled by DCC so sound locos will be around and street lights will be added biggrin.gif I have thought about adding lights to the buildings, but they are too brighter lights, the station will be lit and so will the roads and Im looking into actual working traffic lights wink.gif

Below is a little trackplan, Oh, nearly forgot to say, it measures 4ft by 2ft and the fiddle yard will measure the same, so a total of 8ft by 2ft!!

post-6787-126850558782_thumb.jpg

I shall add more pics hopefully tomorrow!!

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Hi all,

I had a walk around the village today, not much is happening, pub closed, bakery closed but corner shop open, for sunday papers biggrin.gif

Trains have been cancelled until track work is completed and ballasted, but I did see a class 09 shunter stabled with a couple of tanks!!

The whole layout is still work in progress but I think its coming along okay?? Me scenic box is full of items to be added yet to the layout and still loads of items awaiting painting etc. I really want the track finished today, well wired up, so that I can play... I mean test my DCC Sound 66 laugh.gif

A Few photos of houses and shops and an overall view of the layout:

post-6787-126856472841_thumb.jpg

On my walk I past the pub, The Boars Head, with all the flowers in bloom in the window boxes.

post-6787-126856474634_thumb.jpg

A picture of the street with bakery and newsagents, looks like someone wants there sunday paper.

post-6787-126856476595_thumb.jpg

Closer picture of the bakery and newsagents, and the ivy growing up the buildings.

post-6787-12685647848_thumb.jpg

The crossing keepers old cottage. The new owners havent moved in yet but keep visiting to decorate and do the garden, apparently they may turn it into a B+B!!

post-6787-126856480622_thumb.jpg

And last but not least, an overall view of the layout and track, please excuse the mess, still loads to do yet.

Hope you all like!!

Im going to now finish the field for the cows, finish the station car park and road, then start wiring!!

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Hi all,

Im glad you like the buildings John!!

Below is another photo of my walk this morning:

post-6787-126857437136_thumb.jpg

Above picture is of the terraced houses and Ye Olde Tuck Shoppe, sweety shop and of the narrow, grassy roads biggrin.gif

Hope you all like!!

Regards

Georgie

WOW  :O :othought i worked on layouts quick, great work and a nice layout plan, the street scenes are coming on and look really good the cows in the field are a pretty neat touch great work mate keep it up

regards

neil

Hiya Neil,

laugh.gif Cheers for the comment matey!! I shall try and slow down laugh.gif

I got road signs in place now, level crossing half finished another building added, just need more grass and then the layout will look loads better-ish biggrin.gif

A quick question for you all, where do I put sheep?? I mean, can I mix them with the cows, or do they get freedom around the village??

Regards

Georgie

Evening all,

Neil- Yeah, escaped sheep would put a smile on peoples faces, or if the car driver, then a nervouse look laugh.gif

I spent the evening wiring and cleaning and success!! The layout is all wired up and ready for ballasting, Oh joy!! I just need to change one point as locos ride over stall, which is not very good exspecially when a certain loco has sound too!!

Road signs are now finished too, nad the level crossing started but I think a bit of help and knowledge is needed there as it doesnt look anything like a Level crossing!!

Next stage is lights, well street lights. I have two yard lights, they look like lamp posts really just a little bit taller and instead of being yellow there bright white, do I just buy a few more and use these or should I buy the lamp posts?? You do get bright white light lamp posts these days too, plus things may stand out better with white rather than yellow, still dont know!! I shall show a picture tomorrow biggrin.gif

Below are a couple of photos of the trains I had a play... I mean test with wink.gif Sorry for picture quality!!

Went to the station as I heard some locos where going to be testing the track this evening and came across these two:

post-6787-126860127028_thumb.jpg

Above is 60006 arriving iinto the station.

post-6787-126860128718_thumb.jpg

Then the loco snaked its way across the points to the siding where she waited for another loco to run around its rake

post-6787-126860130468_thumb.jpg

Here, 66702 is seen just before heading back to the front of the rake, yup she was ying yinging away, the horn still makes me jump!!

Apologise on quality!! Hope you all like!!

Regards

Georgie

Wow Georgie. I was devastated at the demise of Jessop Yard, but Greenwood looks like it's going to be a corker! I love the village scene depicted at the front of the layout - it really helps to set the scene of the layout and gives the station a purpose. If i had more space available I'd have made Calderburgh's baseboards bigger so that I could have part of the town included.

Watching with interest... looks stunning already! :)

Hiya Shaun,

The baseboard is 6mm MDF on top and framing is softwood or pine?? Not really a wood dude, but Im going to re-frame the board so that its stronger and better than 30mm/3cm deep of soft wood/pine rolleyes.gif or basically the framing off a decorating table laugh.gif

Cheers Shaun

Regards

Georgie

Georgie etc - you have been warned before about excessive use of chaff and endless 'thanks' posts when there is a simple button for that, and also against using the forum for your own social banter (use PMs if needed). Cut it out please and stick to the modelling so that all members can participate if they want to.

Hiya all,

I got a few more photos of work done on a couple of the buildings.

The semi detached cottages have now got grass and pathways to the house, extra detail like flowers, bins etc will be added over time.

The Hairdressers is still on the workbench waiting for a footpath and possibly a wash with black paint as the white building is a bit bright, and also bins will be added over time.

The Crossing Keepers cottage has also recieved lots of work, gaden added and even a garden fence is being added. I have never made my own fence before, shall have to see how this one turns out.

A photo of the back gardens, a view the operator gets biggrin.gif

post-6787-126865545691_thumb.jpg

A side view of the cottages with flowers in bloom growing along side of the building.

post-6787-126865547299_thumb.jpg

And, 66702 spotted through the gap between the cottage and the Boars Head pub

post-6787-126865549438_thumb.jpg

Right, back to the hairdressers to finish there footpath, more photos later.

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Evening all,

Managed to complete the Hairdressers today. It still needs a tiny bit of work doing, mainly weathering just to tone down the white.

I also need to add some more grass, but I have used alot so far, so another order is needed wink.gif

Below are a couple of photos of the front and rear of the shop.

Front view

post-6787-126868352206_thumb.jpg

Rear view

post-6787-126868354279_thumb.jpg

tomorrow I shall spend time on the track and get the points working

Regards

Georgie

Morning all,

Last night I finished the Crossing Keepers cottage.

I think that this is the best building I have done yet!!

A couple of photos for you all

Mr and Mrs Bush's new house, they have decided not to turn the house into a B+B as more family they say are moving to the area. Yesterday, they spent all day putting that fence up, and this morning the local bus ended up damaging part of the fence, but it was either fence or a BMW!!

post-6787-126873395916_thumb.jpg

Another side shot of the Crossing Keepers cottage with more of the fence, this side isnt damaged though biggrin.gif

post-6787-126873398671_thumb.jpg

I shall now install the two lamp posts and also sort that point out then ballasting can begin!! I think that will keep me busy for the rest of today wink.gif

All comments welcome!!

Regards

Georgie

Fantastic work George, shame about the demise of Jessop yard that was turning into quite a good looking layout, but the scenic work you're putting into this is fantastic.

What make is the Ivy you have used, I need some to disguise a bridge.

Cheers Alex

Hiya Lewis,

Cheers for your comment

No, I think I shall keep it as it is but add some trailing ground cover weeds to hide the edges of the card base

When I was looking on the internet I saw a few cottages where they have a tiny front gardens, with a fence for protection, and then the path to the front door goes straight onto the main road

Regards

Georgie

Hi Georgie,

Looking good a nice new project there then nice scenics too looks like a quaint little village apart from 66's and 60's rumbling past ;) keep up the good work and i'll watch with interset as usual.

Cheers, Jon.

Hiya Jon,

Oooh yes, plenty of 66s and 60s will be paying a visit, if its either just to stable until next turn of duty or to run around its rake, but they shall be around aswell as 37s and the rest biggrin.gif

Must start looking at DMUs now though as there the main items needed

Cheers for your kind comment

Regards

Georgie

Archived