scoobyra

iPhone Speakers

I read this post as I was thinking about trying some new ideas for my sound locos but took on board Nile Griffiths statements about realism. It soon became obvious that I needed a full size Western but even after I'd demolished the garden wall and installed it in my barn it still didn't sound quite right as the doppler effect wouldn't kick in without an eight mile run up, so much to my dismay I had to return it. After a bit of thought I decided to put an EM2 and an Iphone 6 speaker arrangement in my Dapol class 52 with Biffo Sounds.....well I have to say it's pretty good..... and a lot easier to keep clean too...!

attachicon.gifIMG_2072.JPG

My !  you have been a busy boy Woody !

Please do let us know if plan to release another  U tube video , we would all love to hear this one !

Albie

An iPhone 6 speaker, and an EM2...jusy what I asked on another post...

As you have first hand experience with doing it, can the highs from the iphone6 speaker be heard clearly? Also did you reduce the volume as to not let the chip overheat with the lower impedance of the speakers?

Cheers

On 27/11/2017 at 20:07, campbellad123 said:

An iPhone 6 speaker, and an EM2...jusy what I asked on another post...

As you have first hand experience with doing it, can the highs from the iphone6 speaker be heard clearly? Also did you reduce the volume as to not let the chip overheat with the lower impedance of the speakers?

Cheers

Hi there, apologies for the late reply...the combination gives the best sound I've heard from a 00 loco yet. No need for high volumes...it's about the quality IMO..

• Funny 1

I read that the consenses of opinion was that using an i phone speaker with an EM2 rather spoiled the qualities of the EM2 but as yet I've not tried it.

• Agree 1

I did some class 37's with EM2's and iPhone speakers for Legomanbiffo/Charlie and we listened to them on the demo layout at York alongside some models which they already had with just EM2's and the ones with just EM2's sounded far better. The iPhone speakers were removed after that and I've not really used that combination since.

Richard

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1