S7 scratch building

Okay, so it's not perfect - I can see that, and sympathise with the rough journey and your feeling on reaching a different destination than originally planned (welcome to life at sea!).

The images and your write up are still chock full of absolutely brilliant lessons and tips to a newbie like me (and I imagine a fair few others). It can be a big deal to share things that aren't so good as well as those that are the very best they can be. Thank you.

Leaving the 4mm link saga aside (and, again, even this is valuable to me as I had wondered about doing just that), what did you use for the safety chains at the other end? They're rather good :)

• Like 5
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

I was about to start making a small diorama so I can photograph some of my output, when things around here may be changing. I had intended to make a small LNWR signal box that sits over the track joined to a warehouse wall. I have had a etch of the windows for about 20 years and never got around to using 

The change hopefully will be that we have accepted an offer on our house and we have put a offer on another house that we like. We have not heard back if our offer has been accepted yet but at least we are moving in the right direction.  The house we like isn't 100% perfect but it does fit most of our needs. There will be some work to do if we do go ahead with the purchase but it is pretty close. There is a small boarded loft as well as a garage for big boys toys. My good lady has given permission for the small bedroom to become a workshop for myself.  We just have to keep our fingers crossed for a good outcome.  

So with this future looking a little brighter I am going to the S7 meeting on Saturday. 

20240415_164222.jpg

20240415_164337.jpg

20240415_164436.jpg

• Like 9