Chagford BR (WR) - Freight Twilight

Jon Gwinnett

• RMweb Gold

Dismantling has started - hopefully will be up and running in its new home soon.

Only just caught up with this thread and I have to say its increadably moving. Stunning modelling on a truly inspirational layout. Its good to see that something positive is coming out of your terrible loss Jon, Chagford on public display will be a fitting tribute to your father. Please keep us posted on progress.

RMWeb at its absolute best

Jerry

Jon - somewhere along the line (sic) I had lost track of Chagford - I'm so pleased that it is going to a good home, and that your dads modelling will be available to inspire others - as I said in an earlier post, there are parts that look too real to be a model

Best

Jack

Jon,

So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad just over a year ago and I understand how painful it is. I have his tool box, complete with all sorts of odd little tools that I remember using as a child.

Chagford is a superb model and is a wonderful testament to your dad's skill and artistry. Lesser modelers like me can only look on in wonder.

• 2 years later...

Unbelievably, four years have flown by since Dad's passing. Unfortunately the layout's hoped for new lease of life hasn't come to fruition, and it languishes in storage, in a dismantled state I understand. If I get any news I'll update the thread, but otherwise it looks as if Chagford's long twilight really has drawn to a close. RIP Dad.

Archived