O Gauge Ironing Board Project - Micro Layout!

Jwnewall

Whilst nothing has been posted on this thread I have still been working on the layout...just...slowly.

I've started to make the wagon turntable out of a CD holder! using the stalk to manually turn the plate. The tracks have been soldered but still need to include the four 'middle' tracks and the wooden cover over the top of the whole surface.

post-27037-0-13389200-1517688957_thumb.jpg

post-27037-0-93366700-1517688972_thumb.jpg

I have also attached the hinges to the underside of the board connecting the dock area to the main board. It does look a bit dis-jointed however it needs to be able to be detached as it sits under the bed.

post-27037-0-45426700-1517689041_thumb.jpg

A new wagon arrived, brought for £28 and mainly got it because it has the word Weymouth on it. Yes I know its not much but can be interpreted as an Easter egg to Weymouth Quay, and oh boy am I in love with that line ;)

post-27037-0-24445500-1517689143_thumb.jpg

And finally, the loco is in a poor state. Not due to it costing near-to-nothing but one of the buffer's got lost at my expense, and the side rods, being plastic, wont budge the other wheels so they are bending. The two rear wheels move the side rods which move the middle and front wheels so when a plastic rod is pushing them to move no wonder its going to bend at some point. Will need to replace them with metal road and get a new buffer. Other than that it's alright :P

post-27037-0-23817900-1517689424_thumb.jpg

Till next time I will be working on the warehouse and the structure to keep it stood up.

Oh and I've called the layout Tenner Quay, as it all started form a ten quid loco :P

Edited by Jwnewall
  • Like 6

Hi

Just read your thread and it's a great little layout coming along there.

(You've also given me an idea or two with the wagon turntable that may solve a design problem I've got with my own attempts to build a small shunting factory layout (design problem because in many years I've still not got past track laying!)).

Thanks! - E

• Like 1