RISEX 2018 Model Railway Exhibition - 17th February 2018

ANT

Hello All

RISEX 2018 Model Railway Exhibition

Presented by Risborough & District Model Railway Club

Saturday 17th of February 2018

Admission: Adult £4.00, Child £2.00

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX
The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

See our Club Website for more details: http://www.rdmrc.org.uk

Thanks
SEEYA
ANT          

I don't come every year - sometimes Biggleswade wins! - but looking forward to it this time.  Came last year and got very confused by the car park payment system!!  And the links seem unclear now.  Do we collect a ticket on entry and pay on departure or pay on arrival?

I don't come every year - sometimes Biggleswade wins! - but looking forward to it this time.  Came last year and got very confused by the car park payment system!!  And the links seem unclear now.  Do we collect a ticket on entry and pay on departure or pay on arrival?

Hello Portpatrick

I would have got back to you earlier, but I wanted to go to the carpark to see what the situation is for myself, and the only chance of doing this was on my way to the Club last night.

This carpark is a pay and display one, you pay your money cash or card on arrival, and then display the ticket in your windscreen.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Hello Portpatrick

I would have got back to you earlier, but I wanted to go to the carpark to see what the situation is for myself, and the only chance of doing this was on my way to the Club last night.

This carpark is a pay and display one, you pay your money cash or card on arrival, and then display the ticket in your windscreen.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Thank you.  Last year it seemed to be pay on exit.  I will come prepared with coinage - or plastic

Thank you. Last year it seemed to be pay on exit. I will come prepared with coinage - or plastic

Something of a local controversy. Wycombe DC invested a seven figure sum in ANPR controlled car parks which were pay on exit. After 12 months they had to scrap the lot and revert to pay (on entry) & display as DVLA didn’t recognise them for licence requests do they couldn’t actually enforce the ANPR penalties.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All

Just to wet your appetite for Saturday, here are a couple of photos showing our under construction layout Aylesbury Town, setup up with its temporary double track laid for the exhibition.  

As you can see the layout only just fits in the Carrington room of the Community Centre.

post-7053-0-17652900-1518604299_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-87188100-1518604318_thumb.jpg

Also if you go to our club website you will find a short video of trains in action, click on the Layouts and Stock tab, then follow the Aylesbury Town link.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello All

This is to inform you, that Pete Joels will be selling 'Risborough Venturer' tickets for the Club trip from Princes Risborough to the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway at Risex 2018 this Saturday all day.

The date of the trip is the 30th September, with the costs only £45 per person.

For more information about the trip please see the Club website.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello All

Thankyou for those of you that attended Risex 2018, we have had a very successful exhibition, and we could not have done this without all your support.

Here are the photos that I took yesterday at Risex 2018 of the layouts:

post-7053-0-50231700-1518955107_thumb.jpg

Aylesbury Town, P4 Gauge, Exhibited by Risborough & District Model Railway Club

post-7053-0-94138400-1518955126_thumb.jpg

Battlefield Estate, O Gauge, Exhibited by Stuart Marshall

post-7053-0-12241700-1518955148_thumb.jpg

Tanybwlch, OO9 Gauge, Exhibited by Nigel Smith

post-7053-0-45790100-1518955169_thumb.jpg

Trowland, 22.45mm Gauge, Exhibited by Trevor Nunn

post-7053-0-29168500-1518955185_thumb.jpg

Belbroughton, O Gauge, Exhibited by Western Model Railway Society

post-7053-0-90240100-1518955202_thumb.jpg

Hinksey Yard, N Gauge, Exhibited by Epsom & Ewell Model Railway Club

post-7053-0-93566000-1518955220_thumb.jpg

Chica, Illinois, HO Gauge, Exhibited by Peter North

post-7053-0-15596100-1518955242_thumb.jpg

Porlock, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Hemel Hempstead Model Railway Society

post-7053-0-37630800-1518955259_thumb.jpg

Hawkesden Road, N Gauge, Exhibited by St. Neots Model Railway Club

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• Like 2

A pity it clashes with the Biggleswade show

That's not the only show it clashes with either.... ;-) (though to be fair, they were there first!)

If it were moved to this weekend the only show of the same quality it clashes with is the Newark one which is a long drive away.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much, as you say they were the first on their traditional weekend.

Edited by PenrithBeacon