Dccconcepts Zen 218 Function Remapping

mjcbasingstoke

I have a Dccconcepts Zen 218 which works great but I need to remap function 2 to function 3 as my loco requires a latch for function 2 but the Prodigy Advance uses function 2 as a press and hold. I have looked on the Dccconcepts website but can't find their Advanced settings manual which they say is on the website. Has anyone found the Advance Settings manual or know the CVs to remap the functions. Any help would be appreciated.

I specifically asked them about the Advanced Settings Manual to be told they have not produced it and have no timescale for doing it. I am having difficulty with this decoder (the 6 function version) as well and raised the issue on MRF knowing full well Mr DCC Concepts would be along with some advice.... - eventually I got a list of CVs which are not really much better than the basic Zen CV listings as it repeats that Cv13 switches on Functions 1-8 whereas Mr DCC Cocncepts did then admit CV13 is the DC mode switch ; still mystified why it defaults to 255 and have not pursued the matter at present.

It does say

1.Flourescent Effect:

CV47 = 1

Function 1 (forward light) comes on with NO flicker, and is on ONLY when forward

Function 2 (rear light) comes on with NO flicker, and is on ONLY when reverse

CV47 = 2

Function 1 flickers, and then stays on in both directions Function 2 flickers, and then stays on in both directions

CV47 = 3

Function 1 (forward light) comes on with NO flicker when F0 available, and is on ONLY when forward

Function 2 (rear light) comes on with NO flicker when F0 available, and is on ONLY when reverse

CV47 = 4

Function 1 (forward light) flickers when F0 available, and is on ONLY when forward

Function 2 (rear light) flickers when F0 available, and is on ONLY when reverse

2.Lighting Effect:

1.Direction:

Light is On when running Forward only = 0

Light is On when running in Reverse only = 16

Light is On when running in Both directions = 32

2.Choice of lighting effects:

Constant Bright Light = 0

Random Flicker ( fire box ) = 1

Mars Light = 2

Flashing Light = 3

Single Pulse Strobe = 4

Double Pulse Strobe = 5

Rotary Beacon = 6

Gyra Light = 7

Rule 17 ( dimmable light ) = 8

Ditch Light phase A = 10

Ditch Light phase B = 11

Constant Dim light ( 20% power ) = 4

Add the value you choose for Direction to the value you choose for Choice of lighting effects to get the value you need for the CV you are programming.(cv49-54)

3. Light Map

One button can control multiple wires. One wire can be operated by multiple buttons.

post-147-0-08347200-1518273233.jpg

5.Button control

post-147-0-44991300-1518273422.jpg

CV 61 controls the use of BEMF as well as the Rule 17 lighting. To program this CV properly select the features from the left (think it should say table) that you want then add-up the corresponding values and program the result of that summation in CV 61.

Hi thanks for your reply which actually helped. The light map was very useful used in conjunction with the Zen Owners manual.  CVs 33 to 40 control the function allocation so with a bit of head scratching I finally got the interior lights (Function 2) switched to Function 3 by entering 16 into CV36 (for F2). 16 being the figure for F3. Hope that all makes sense?

Anyway problem solved so thanks again.