The Kelsby Light Railway; or, Red's Hopeful Layout

RedGemAlchemist

• 3 months later...

Having not posted anything practical on this thread since October last year, I think it's about time for an update as I finally got a small amount of motivation to do some stuff. 

Most of the layout is the same as it was, as I consider everything past the bridge towards Kelsby pretty much done. The real movement is here, this board I picked up... from a scrap bin behind my work. 

536229174_DSC_04132.JPG.56dddfdf707f6a543896d15a38339d8d.JPG

This will become the extended Alnerwick Quarry branch line. It was originally part of a setpiece from the stage production group run by my foreman's wife, I think. Either way it's the perfect shape for the Alnerwick branch. 

• Like 3

The work on Berkham Station continues in earnest, but in small steps. Today it was this hedgerow to separate Station Road leading into Alnerwick from the station yard and loading dock.

803186457_WIPStationRoadBerkham.jpg.3fff9f81ccaf210f063a8067622e9642.jpg

Also has a rather nice willow tree at the end of it. I have no idea why the image is upside down, but I do remember now why I stopped using .jpg images.

Edited by RedGemAlchemist
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

172135028_KLRChristmas2021.jpg.0643861a8a22cc1d1ad3648ad5b3ac84.jpg

I'm sorry for my infrequent posting, my life has been incredibly busy over this past year, with my brother's wedding, the death of my grandmother and ensuing general lack of motivation, and my ongoing stopmotion project taking time away from working on the layout and such. I'm not going away, don't worry. Merry Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa or whatever it is you personally celebrate, a Happy New Year to you all, and here's to a better 2023.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2