BR 20t brake van livery

This week at the Yorkshire Wolds Railway we had our 20t brake can delivered,all straight forward enough but what's confusing is is the unusual livery,the livery or what's left of it is mostly red with blue and white/grey stripes and Carlisle Currock depot stickers,does anyone know what the livery is and what traffic it was used on.

Rob

post-20087-0-42597900-1533496369_thumb.png

post-20087-0-69967400-1533496384_thumb.png

Edited by Lord Flashheart
  • Like 1

She has had a gray paint job thrown over the red and the light band and blue stripe is still showing. This is her full livery. I seem to remember some VDA vans in a matching livery

post-1776-0-11486700-1533498542_thumb.jpg

Edited by 25901
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I saw a pair of airbraked LU translator vans in willesden Brent on Thursday evening but can't recall what livery they are in . They have been there for years if I remember will take some pictures next time I'm there

I saw a pair of airbraked LU translator vans in willesden Brent on Thursday evening but can't recall what livery they are in . They have been there for years if I remember will take some pictures next time I'm there

If they've been there for years they're probably liveried in overall graffiti ......... which you can't recall as you averted your eyes !

She has had a gray paint job thrown over the red and the light band and blue stripe is still showing. This is her full livery. I seem to remember some VDA vans in a matching livery

I recollect seeing some vans with a very similar livery at Dover Town Yard in the first half of the 1990s. They were used on Speedlink trains conveying dangerous goods or nuclear flasks.