slilley

Class 33 Book

Ive not posted an update for a little while, but the editor has come back to me with some text queries which I have worked through and responded to today, so progress is being made. Hopefully it will not be too long before the proofs arrive and i will know then we are much closer to publication.

Obviously the whole lockdown situation has thrown a bit of a curve ball into things so publication dates etc may have to be moved a bit.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

I was advised yesterday that I should expect a set of proofs with the photos included etc around mid-June, so fingers crossed the July date can be met. Much will depend on how the easing of lockdown goes.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

Another update for you all on the book The Class 33s A Sixty Year History. The proofs have arrived, with photos in place etc. So the next few days will be busy busy busy checking and rechecking it is all as it should be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

good luck ! The best typos are those in biggest type face ... and getting 33xxx blind will cause loads of fun !  And you know with the best will in the world once printed the most obvious case of word blindness will be laid bare.

Rather you than me !  

looking forward to this as on shelf by me is the 30 year Celebration by John Hyper printed in 1990, It will be good shelf mate. 

Robert  

• Like 1

Well this afternoon, my comments on the proofs went back to the publisher for them take on board and make a few tweaks in various places.

Been quite a slog, but hopefully we are a step nearer completion.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 4