Peco PL11 side mounted point Motors, N gauge?

DerickE

Not sure about streamline but I used PL11s successfully with N gauge Settrack points.

Ditto, I can also vouch that they are more versatile than you might think, this is a post from my "N gauge layout" blog:

"I just wanted to assure anyone thinking of buying the Peco PL-11 point motors, despite what it says on the Hattons webpage:

'N gauge points will need to be raised by approx 2mm for the drivebar to engage correctly with the tiebar.'

I can confirm that I have fixed the point motors on my 'N' gauge layout, minus the mounting plate or any other accerories and with absolutely no modifications - and they work great. No detriment to the folks at Hattons, just my experience today."

I know that doesn't really answer your question, but for my money - it's worth a go!

Edited by Ray Von

• 4 weeks later...

I used two of them on my 009 WWI layout I am building. At the same level they seem to work fine but I lowered them by 2mm by removing the cork from that section, and they worked even better.  As these were very new to me, I was even more surprised when I attached them to switches and they worked first time. I used a Gaugemaster CDU with them and found the Hornby switch worked better too wired to the same CDU. The pins I was less successful with but they are still holding :)

post-35619-0-39757000-1546544559_thumb.jpg

post-35619-0-18112300-1546544713_thumb.jpg

post-35619-0-36390000-1546544779_thumb.jpg

• Like 1