Chris's Workbench

I've not posted on here for a very long time, we all know what life is like - it gets busy and modelling slowly slips down the list of priorities. I thought I would share something I've been working on this afternoon - it's a Lima 60 in the attractive BS Blue livery which I picked up on eBay a while ago. So far I've added a driver and second man, picking out there orange hi-vis, added bufferbeam detail and started weathering the underframe although this is still WIP.

There's a still a lot to do, weather the bodyside, pick out the exhaust in a rust colour and some other detailing that I'll add later on. I'm not going to replace the grills or re-do the glazing on this model but hope the end result will come out good.

The Hornby 60 is without doubt a much better model, but I still believe that the Lima 60 can still scrub up well.

post-6700-0-41952300-1545683268_thumb.jpg

post-6700-0-92676700-1545683282_thumb.jpg

post-6700-0-14088400-1545683311_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

37702 has been in the collection for a long time and was part of the Rail Exclusive set along with 37798 in Mainline Blue. As they were a limited edition set I was apprehensive about going ahead with weathering and detailing - ultimately though these locos are made for use so I changed my mind!

The model has had the plates fitted and I've started weathering the chassis and undeframe as well as the body side with a mixture of dry brushing and washes. 

At the moment I don't have an airbrush so I'm having to rely on these techniques along with weathering powders, unfortunately some of the effects are harder to replicate without an airbrush. 

Plenty more to do on this, but happy so far.

Any feedback is much appreciated. 

20200830_145911.jpg

20200830_154332.jpg

• Like 1