CN Freight Train derailment caught on dashcam

mdvle

A CN freight train derailed at a grade crossing north of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan this morning and it was caught on a dashcam (derailment starts shortly after the 35s point):

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/dashboard-video-captures-moment-52-car-train-derails-near-saskatoon-1.4264158

One of the mid-train helpers ended up in the middle off the pile up and started spilling fuel which caught fire, there is footage at least on Facebook from the other side showing the mid-train helper pushing into the wreckage.

One of the mid-train helpers ended up in the middle off the pile up and started spilling fuel which caught fire, there is footage at least on Facebook from the other side showing the mid-train helper pushing into the wreckage.

If you watch the news program (the main video) on that page, you'll see the video from the other side of the crossing.

I'm surprised that only the car from which the video is taken appears to move away from the crossing. I think I'd have been backing up along the shoulder sharpish!

(I've actually been over that crossing in similar weather conditions earlier this year.)