Maryport & Carlisle Railway - Info and Drawings

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, phil_sutters said:

There are a couple of photos of M&C trains in J E Kite's 1850 ~ 1925 Vintage Album - 0-4-2  No.4 on a passenger train and 0-4-2T No. 18 shunting goods stock - both at Carlisle.

Thanks Phil, another one to look out for.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/02/2019 at 22:33, NeilHB said:

That is very interesting news need! Does one need to be a member of the association to purchase one? 

My copy of Modellers BackTrack arrived today, a very interesting read, and plenty of food for thought in terms of long term layout ideas. Plus some useful drawings of No’s. 10 and 13, the very attractive 2-4-0 tender locos. 

It does state that M&C goods stock was painted lead grey, so grey my wagon shall be! 

On 20/02/2019 at 22:33, NeilHB said:

That is very interesting news need! Does one need to be a member of the association to purchase one? 

My copy of Modellers BackTrack arrived today, a very interesting read, and plenty of food for thought in terms of long term layout ideas. Plus some useful drawings of No’s. 10 and 13, the very attractive 2-4-0 tender locos. 

It does state that M&C goods stock was painted lead grey, so grey my wagon shall be! 

Neil, let me ask, what is the number/volume of the Modellers BackTrack issue you speak about (No’s. 10 and 13, etc)?

Thank you, Signal Box Cat

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Signal Box Cat said:

Neil, let me ask, what is the number/volume of the Modellers BackTrack issue you speak about (No’s. 10 and 13, etc)?

Thank you, Signal Box Cat

Hi Signal Box Cat, 

It is Volume 3, Number 3 (August-September 1993). 

• Informative/Useful 1