SOUNDTRAX ECONAMI UK - SUITABLE FOR USA?

Hello

I hope this is considered a discussion rather than a question!

Let me explain my problem...

I already have about ten locos fitted with the US ECONAMI sound chips. I want eight more  8 pin ECONAMI sound chips for USA steam locos, but they are discontinued.

I have tried some UK ZIMO chips but they didn't 'fit' with the ECONAMI US ones - both were fine but they were 'different'

I have now been offered UK ECONAMI as solution. I don't want pumps and other noises as the locos just run through the scene  and so my question is ….

Does the basic chuffing on the UK ECONAMI match the US version ie if I use a mixture of the UK ones and the US ones will the chuffing sound similar .

I ask this because I will often be double heading and so they need to sound similar.

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA

4 hours ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

.....I hope this is considered a discussion rather than a question!

Let me explain my problem.....

.......and so my question is ….

Hi Teamyakima, 

So, you say you have a problem...... and are asking a question.

It appears you are looking for help?

Sorry to sound rather pedantic, or I maybe I'm a bit thick, but I'm not sure why you hope this would be considered a general discussion topic, when it's clearly a request for help and advice?

Ron

Hi again.

I don't think there's any need to delete it completely.

Your question is a good one.

Why not cut and paste your OP into a new topic in DCC Help $ Questions, or DCC Sound, edited appropriately.

The alternative is to request the OP is moved to one of the other sections, but that would take all this thread, with its replies, across too.

Best regards

Ron

Edited by Ron Ron Ron