Cwilks138

Manchester m5000 tram model.

Hello, Making a Layout that involves a Manchester metrolink m5000. I would prefer it to be motorised. But if not a non motorised would be fine. Ho would again be preferable if not a oo would be fine. Any pointers to where i could find would would be kindly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Halling made an H0 one for the Heaton Park Tramway, that was sold through East Lancs Model Trams, but I very much doubt whether they are still available.  It appears to have been a limited run of 100, about 9 years ago, so they probably sold out a long time ago.

Unless anyone else knows better, you're probably looking for secondhand examples, although I don't suppose there's any harm in you contacting either Halling or East Lancs Model Trams to ask if they have any.

Moxy

Thx I had a look and they had multiple websites so wasn't sure which to send to. I'll try and find the lastest one

Hi, just wondering if you managed to source any motorised Leopold Halling Manchester Metrolink M5000 Trams, I'm looking to build a layout with a Manchester backdrop and was hoping to source the authentic Metrolink tram. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Steve. 

suggest contacting John at East Lancs Model Trams, as he might be able to help. If there was enough interest, maybe another run of the model could be done.

• Like 1

Great - I'll contact East Lancs Model Trams and see what they suggest etc...

Many thanks, Steve

On 10/01/2020 at 06:48, Steved0370 said:

Hi, just wondering if you managed to source any motorised Leopold Halling Manchester Metrolink M5000 Trams, I'm looking to build a layout with a Manchester backdrop and was hoping to source the authentic Metrolink tram. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Steve. 

If you've not started yet and stock isn't bought, you could consider N gauge, in which case you are provided for with a 3D print of the older trams which can be found in Shapeways. In 00 there are some resin kits of the T68s as well. It may be that you might have to settle for these options as the M5000s are going to be hard to find.