Wattleton Road

Beaconsfield

Buckinghamshire 

HP9 1SJ

OPENING TIMES:  10.30am-5pm

ADMISSION: 

Adults £5.00   

Children £2.50    

Our 52nd Exhibition will feature at least 20 layouts, along with full trade support. Free Parking. Our usual excellent catering will be available - Less than 5 minutes drive from M40 Juct.2 - fully signposted on the day. See our website for more

information. 

Exhibits include the Fawley Flyers layout seen in the finals of the Great Model Railway Challenge TV Programme.

Free admission to wheelchair users as there isn't easy access to the stage area - the rest is wheelchair friendly.

This is our 52nd Exhibition, being held once again in our now regular 'first weekend of July' slot. As usual there will be full signposting to guide you in from whichever direction you are traveling from. Generous free car parking capacity. There will be at least 20 layouts on show, covering all the popular gauges and as well as the usual UK railways, representing both the American and European Continents. The "Fawley Flyers" layout "William Street Yard" as seen in the finals of the TV programme "The Great Model Railway Challenge" will be one of the layouts on show. We should also have at least 11 Traders, offering a wide range of products, who should be able to cater for most of your needs. The club's popular own secondhand sales stand will also be in full swing. Because we are using the stage area this year, wheelchair users will be admitted free to recognise their lack of access to the stage (reached via steps). Access to the rest of the exhibition should not prove to be a problem. We have links with the Bekonscot Model Village (the oldest model village in the world) which has an extensive Gauge 1 outdoor railway. This will be open all day on 6th July and is only a short drive away from the exhibition, allowing a full day out for the family by visiting both events. Discount available for those visiting both the exhibition and model village. Our extensive professional catering is well known for it's quality and wide choice of food on offer. 

Layouts Confirmed so Far: 

Addison Park "3mm"
Bamfylde "N"
Brinklow "N"
Cheffley "00"
Clayton West "00"
Elmwood Yard "Ho"
Frampton on Severn "00"
Great Bardfield "Em"
Kamiack Falls "Ho"
Kidmore Dark End "00"
Mulldale "O-16.5"
Old Elm Park "O"
Rossiter Rise "00"
Rotherbridge Goods "00"
San Maria Gandia "Ho"
Thornfield "00"
Trowland "S"
Vale View "O"
Whatlington "3mm"
William Street Yard "00"

Ealing Road "OO" 

List of Demonstrations :

Roy Hickman - Scenery 
Brian Tole -

Locomotive kit Building.

Society's :

Bekonscot Model Village 

Great Western Society

Traders Confirmed so Far:

Agr Model Railway Store
Amberly Services (P.thurston)
BdMRC Club Secondhand
Double O Scenics
Jb's Model World (Jon Burman)
Joe Lock
Keith's Model Railways
Len Bunning Books
Neil Creswell
P&g Engineering Supplies

Edited by JaesonPryer
Additional information

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks to be a big show with plenty of layouts - but only one day.  Why?  Not the venue because it's a school and you can't say it's because you don't have many members because there are many 2 and 3 day shows organised by very small clubs.  Not being in any way 'area-ist' but it seems to be a 'southern' thing, Wycrail is the same.

If it's your 52nd I must have come to the second or third, held at Challoners School in Beaconsfield when I was attending Wycombe College .  I remember a narrow gauge layout on an ironing board.   I might still have the programme even!

I rather suspect finances are involved. A two day show usually involves o/night accomodation for some attendees, traders don't like the extra expense either and I very much doubt that the attendance will double to cover the extra day's expenses anyway. . Been there, done the calculations and it just doesn't add up. Given todays costs there just aren't the margins to justify the risks. Likewise I expect the Wycrail organisers have come to the same conclusions

I stress that I am not a member of Beaconsfield club and have absolutely no knowledge of their costings.

• Agree 1

I went yesterday, it was a very good show. The quality of layouts and modelling on display was very high. Trevor Nunn's S Trowland was brilliant, as was the O roundhouse next to it. Speaking to the boss, the reason it is one day is money, very expensive to get large two day layouts to a club show.