Hachette parts list Flying Scotsman.

drgj

Dave,

I don't think it answers your specific question, but if you type "Hachette" into the search box at the top right of the page, you will find previous posts on this subject. These include Flying Scotsman, although it appears to be an early, RH drive version.

Good luck with it, based on a brief read of the first page of the thread.

Dave.

Edited by Dave Holt

I am not sure that DJH supplied all the parts for this kit. It was based on the DJH kit, but I think many parts were sourced, presumably from the Far East, especially for the Hatchette kit. Some of them were an improvement in my opinion, for instance the plastic boiler and tender body, and some seemed to be of variable quality, such as the wheels.

As a trial I followed Hatchette's advice and glued mine together. It assembled well without serious troubles, and is still in one piece and working.

I have read that DJH only had something to do with the drawings. They don't supply any parts, even for their own kits.

The most significant part I need is the smoke box door. This is issue 101 I have discovered.

Dave

Ragstone models do have a door and front but looks to be designed for a thin rolled smoke box cover (not sure of terminology). I probably could use it with some work. The loco is a restoration project anyway.

Dave