6 Wheel Milk Tanker United Dairies font?

Apologies if this is the wrong place (my first post and not Au-Fait with the forum yet)

Can anyone help me with a Font, I have a couple of Wrenn  Tankers currently resprayed white and I would like to produce transfers to resemble the simple U D in yellow with black outline as per the Wrenn model/

I've already successfully revamped and weathered 3 different Wrenn Presflo wagons into Blue Circle Cement livery using commercially available stickers but can't find any transfers suitable for these Tankers

Thank you for your replies, as no one could help me with the font and despite trying every single font in Photoshop, I resorted to finding a suitable image online where someone had captured the model side on, I used that as a template in Photoshop to create a higher resolution image, it may not be perfect but as these will be weathered I'm sure I can hide any discrepancies.

I'll post some pics once I get the things reassembled and weathered.

UD Tanker.jpg

• Like 1

Not to worry then. I'll post here but the scan of the Wrenn transfers I have may not really help that much. I had purchased then with the intention of a similar project to yours but so far not got around to them.

UD transfers.pdf

Unfortunately it is the backing of the transfers so no yellow colouring but the outline is there.

Edited by No46

HaHa, no problem, those scans would have made life a little easier, this was the first time I've attempted printing my own transfers so I was eager to crack on with them, they're already printed and on the wagons, in fact I was just considering a trip out to the garage to do some weathering.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 00:29, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Mainly Trains, used to do a Transfer, after Dave died, 'Wizard Models' took over the range, they may still do them.

manna

They are still listed, and I have just ordered some

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FatSpider said:

Thank you for your replies, as no one could help me with the font and despite trying every single font in Photoshop...

UD Tanker.jpg

That's because it's not  a font,  at least not one a computer will recognise. At that date it will have been signwritten and set out by eye. More of a logo than text. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got round to weathering these, not up to the standards of most but we all have to start somewhere, Transfers printed off a bit larger than they should have and I'd not realised they were oversized until I'd applied them, anyway they looked good enough for me so they stayed where they were. I've also included a pic of the Presflos I mentioned in my original post.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and I suppose in hindsight I really should have put this in the transfers and weathering section.IMGP6690.jpg.55e7a09849c41be31e8aff5d09cb43d3.jpg

IMGP6689.jpg

• Like 1